Saturday, December 17, 2011

Another award!

I was nominated for this award a little while ago from Cristy at Searching for our Silver lining.  Given how difficult the last few weeks have been, it is only now that I'm acknowledging it. So a big shout out goes to Cristy for giving me the award!

 
 
Similar to the Liebster Blog Award, certain rules also apply in receiving this award:
  • Thank the person who passed the award on to you. 
  • List 7 things that people may not know about you.
  • Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don't forget to notify them as well.  Feel free to ignore my nomination if you received it from someone else

Since this award has been going around for awhile - many of the blogs I follow have been given it already.  If you haven't received it - then consider yourself nominated!  Feel free to share information about yourself to the rest of the blogging world!

7 things you may not know about me....hmmmm...
  1. I am a Special Education teacher for students ranging from 14-21 with developmental delays.  (That you may have known) Although I always wanted to be a teacher, I never wanted to be a Special Education teacher.  In fact, when I graduated from teacher's college and a lot of my friends were doing their Spec. Ed Additional Qualifications, I vowed I would never take them as I never wanted to be put in the position to teach students with Special Needs.  HOWEVER, when I was given the opportunity, I took the job as a gateway into a permanent position. Now, you couldn't pay me enough to leave this job.  My students give me so much joy and happiness.  I love what I do and I really love going to work each day!
  2. I hate onions.  I will eat sauces and stir-fries with them in it - but if I see one, I will pick it out.  I wont eat sandwiches or pizza if they have onions on it.
  3. Hubby and I live in my childhood home.  My dad sold it to my grandparents when they wanted to move from Quebec to Ontario to be closer to family.  When they were ready to move to a retirement complex, they sold it to him (part inheritance). When hubby and I were ready to buy a home, we bought it from my dad.  It probably will never leave our family - and it really isn't a spectacular home...although I love it to pieces.
  4. I am not creative.  Even cooking seems like it requires too much creativity for me. Hubby has the creative genes in this family. (Which is great cause he does most of the cooking too!)
  5. I'm not competitive - I usually bow out of anything that is a competition as it stresses me out too much! 
  6. I love spinning classes.  If only I could get my butt out of bed on a more regular basis to go.
  7. Our dogs have become our children  - it is incredible how spoiled and coddled they are.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can completely relate to #1, I also never planned to be a SPED teacher, but now I love it! My students are mostly learning disabled, but this year I also have an emotionally disturbed class. My students are mostly classified as SLD, Autistic, and ADHD. Currently I'm teaching 3 replacement math classes, and in-class support math and science. Do you teach a life skills class, or something else?

    ReplyDelete