Sunday, July 29, 2012

Welcome to the 3rd trimester!

Wow - I can hardly believe that I am officially in the 3rd trimester!  This pregnancy thing is definitely for real now!  In 90 days (give or take....hopefully take) I will be meeting our Dragon baby for the first time.  It is such an incredible thing to think about!

In reaching this milestone - I have also reached others in terms of pregnancy symptoms.

Here is a breakdown of how things are going lately:

Symptoms:

- Emotional, hormonal surges are on the rise.  Last week, I broke down for no other reason than hubby went back to sleep after he had woken me up.  I was bawling my eyes out...and then when he started to laugh at the ridiculous of the situation, so did I...which made me cry even more.  It was bizarre.  Yesterday, we upgraded my cell phone.  We left the store knowing that things should be up and running in 1 hours time.  When an hour came and went and I had zero cell service, I called customer service.  She told me there was nothing that could be done until a level 2 tech rep called me back in 48 hours.  I then called my provider's account management department - thinking maybe they could check my account and see if it was activated properly.  Well, the guy I spoke with was HORRIBLE.  He ridiculed me for calling back when I had my answer from the previous technician (even though I THOUGHT I was calling 2 separate departments).  He said the only thing a person over the phone can do is tell you to take out the battery and restart your phone.  Anyways, I was so angry at how he treated me, and so upset I started to cry...no bawl.  It was aweful!  We finally went to another phone store that was still open, and it was my sim card...so as soon as it was changed around, things were good to go.  What an emotionally exhausting set of events for no real reason! 

- Emotional surges are probably related to my next big symptom - INSOMNIA.  I wake up multiple times a night to pee, and more nights than not, I can't fall back asleep.  Since I need to wake up for 5:15 to get ready in time to teach summer school, it has been BRUTAL.  Last night I slept from 10:30 until 4:00 straight through and feel so much better today.  I can't wait for summer school to be over so I can sleep for the month of August. 

- Back aches and pain are minor.  Overall I can't complain.

- Leg cramps - another culprit for waking me up in the middle of the night.  Horrible leg cramps.  The other night I had one so bad I woke hubby up screaming from it.  He thought I was in labour and then proceeded to freak out.  It was kinda funny now that it is all over with.   I've tried everything to stop them...nothing seems to work.

- Constipation - yup. 

- General feeling of being overwhelmed.  With summer school, finishing the nursery, trying to research labour, and other necessary things, and being apart of this wedding in August, I'm overwhelmed.  I really just need summer school to be over so I can relax.  5 more days.  I don't know how I am going to cope come September when I go back to work :(


2nd trimester went by so fast.  I can't believe it.  I really can't wait to meet this new little one but I feel there is so much to do to prepare.  Hopefully things fall into place quickly over the next couple of weeks! 





4 comments:

  1. Im so excited for you! Congrats on third trimester! I hope you get lots of rest in August and get a lot accomplished for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had leg cramps until I stopped teaching in June. I think the culprit was being on my feet all day. Since then I have tried to limit my time on my feet, and have chosen swimming for exercise instead of major walking. Also, my mom's cousin swears by pickles as a cure for night time leg cramps. It might be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete