Sunday, December 30, 2012

Success story and help needed

Two monumental things happened today.

1 - Hubby was able to give H her first bottle.  It didn't take long for her to latch onto it.  However he fed it to her too fast and she ended up throwing most of it up :(

2. I pumped in preparation for him to give her this bottle and I pumped 3 oz!  This is HUGE for me! (I know for most people 3 oz is NOTHING...however I've also heard from people that they can't pump milk so pumping isn't an accurate representation of what you can feed your baby)  I read somewhere that if you pump, add an ounce and that is how much your baby would be able to access at the breast. SO - knowing this, maybe my supply isn't as much of an issue as I thought it was!! (I've read that at this age she only needs about 3 - 5 oz per feeding and since we are still supplementing a few oz a day with formula/pumped milk, I am confident she is getting what she needs!!)

Help Needed:

H HATES the bucket car seat.  She never really liked it, but would fuss/cry for a few minutes then go to sleep.  The last few days, she just screams, and screams and screams.  So much so that when we stop she is inconsolable and I have to take her out of the car seat and nurse her in the back seat for her to settle. In the past, she would then fall asleep and could go back into the car seat and continue sleeping - the last 2 days, she will fall asleep on me but wake up and start screaming again as soon as we put her back in.  This is TORTURE! I need to be able to get out of the house and it scares the daylights out of me to take her shopping with me if she gets herself worked up so much.  Any suggestions? I've tried a lot...tell me this will get better!  I need to be able to leave my house! lol

2 comments:

  1. Yay for pumping so much milk! Nice your hubby got a chance to do the feeding.

    When we left the hospital, Everleigh screamed so hard in her car seat she turned purple. Scared the crap out of me. I cried. That does sound like absolute torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the pumping! Alex also hated his car seat and would cry and NEVER slept in it. He still doesn't like it and is quite fussy, but he adjusted to it as he grew up a bit. One thing many people do is switch to the convertible car seat earlier, out of the bucket. The convertible seat lets them sit up a bit more, she might like it better.

    ReplyDelete