Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hitting a brick wall

When I don't think things can get any worse...they do.  Currently we are dealing with:
- 4 month sleep regression from hell
- the 19th Wonerweek (first long one with a huge stormy period)
- 2 teeth almost ready to break through
- 1st Nursing Strike which leads to reverse cycling at night.

All at once.  We were doing so well and now the last few weeks have been so hard.  Everyone told me it gets easier after 3 months.  I'm now learning that it is common for 4 months to "suck monkey butt" as a friend told me.

However, with all the negative come positives:
- my baby is so aware of her surroundings - interacting with Hubby and I more and the dogs
- She is SO close to rolling over
- she will have teeth!
- is able to play games like peek-a-boo and understand basic cause and effect.

I keep telling myself that 'this too shall pass'.  I just wish I could have been more prepared for the hell that 4 months brings.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found you through PAIL. My son is 18 months now, and we had a terrible sleep regression from from four to eight months (sorry, hope your little moves on faster!!). He would scream for exactly 1.5 hrs each night, no matter what we did.

    It was hard. I feel for you. I think the reason people say it gets easier after a couple months is because they start, yknow, doing stuff which makes them more people-like and less, uh, screaming-sack-of-potatoes-like. :)

    Good luck...hang in there, lady. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete